Sunday, January 4, 2015

Exercise is a privilege not a chore

Somewhere in the world right now, right this moment there is someone praying for what you take for granted. The ability to move your body, to push yourself, to get your blood pumping, oxygen flowing, the initial pain followed by that wonderful endorphin rush. Exercise isn't a chore. 

Only several weeks ago I was one of those people, unable to move and be active, exercise, be healthy, because it had all been taken away from me unexpectedly. 

My cancer treatment left me physically ruined in comparison to the healthy person I had been. Basic tasks were impossible like brushing my teeth, showering and even walking. My lowest point came when my husband had to push me in a wheelchair. I will never forget being in it, unable to walk, devoid of anything that resembled physical strength, people staring at me but I was so sick I didn't care. I wondered if I would ever be the person that I once was.

I always loved exercise but now I see it in a different way. I am BEYOND grateful to my body for fighting my disease, not letting me down and slowly repairing itself. I exercise because I can and because my body deserves to be treated like I care about it.
 
So who knows what is round the corner for me but I'm not taking a second for granted and I am loving every workout and everything that I am doing! Anything is possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi colleagues, its great piece of writing concerning teachingand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.

    Buy exercise mat online india

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly your exercise bike needs to be comfortable as you will be using it for quite long periods. You will need a well padded seat and handlebars that can be adjusted easily. My website

    ReplyDelete