Monday, January 5, 2015

My Ultimate Health Project - Week 8 - Perseverance



Perseverance. Defined as "steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success." 

My plan for Week 8 was to explore a different theme entirely and suddenly before I knew it life started getting in the way of simply everything. I didn't have time to do all the things that I had planned out like working out, writing, preparing food and cooking on top of looking after my son. There were some real curve balls thrown in at me, let down at the last minute on some big stuff and finding myself stuck seeing the things that I wanted to do but just not being able to.

It's so frustrating being in a position like that and it can happen in other circumstances, work related, fitness, health and relationships. It got me thinking that there probably comes a point in all journeys, whatever they may be, where you need to apply some perseverance. Even when life is proving difficult or delaying you achieving the things that you want to achieve or reaching success you need to persevere. Quitting is just kind of madness. Sure it's probably easier and you can rite it off to stress or all the other things you have on your plate, people would understand, friends would be sympathetic, you tell yourself you will always go back to it, pick it up again, but the reality is it will probably never happen. After you've ridden out that high at the beginning of something and now it's become mainstream and your adrenaline is running out, that's the time you've got to dig deep inside of you and find this perseverance.

It's pretty timely for a topic given that I am on Week 8 of my project. As with any projects even those you enjoy, you have to preserve. it's all about prioritization and what's important to you but not beating yourself up if you're not on track against all your timelines 100per cent of time.

So that's what's happening with me this week. My theme has changed, my post is late but that's ok - because I am still getting it done!

What's my objective this week?

To identify throughout the week the types of situations that make me feel like I need to persevere  To then see how I actually tackle the situation and what that means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment