Monday, January 12, 2015

My Ultimate Health Project - Week 9 - Energy


Last week was all about digging deep and persevering. Boy what a week it was. It can be tough juggling multiple priorities including things that you have to do and finding time for the things that are priorities for you but you don't HAVE to do. Then if you layer that onto an environment of uncertainty and instability it can be downright overwhelming and much easier to just allow yourself the ability to stop or park whatever initiative you were in the midst of. It's why so many new years resolutions fail, or any lifestyle changes become unsustainable. We start new projects with gusto and enthusiasm which lends itself to us feeling like our new project is no effort, once that initial shine wears off and then life throws challenges our way we want to throw in the towel. This is where perseverance comes in and the position I found myself in last week. Clearly I've given no detail around the circumstances, quite frankly I didn't have time to write although I would have loved to have done. I had to reprioritize in terms of what I could accomplish, at some points I felt like I have simply taken on too much but then it's sad to think that you would end up doing less of the things that make you happy because you quit.

The experience last week lent itself to what I wanted to explore this week - the concept of energy. If I think about the original reasoning of this project and why I doing this, it comes down to energy, rebuilding that energy that was diminished from the cancer treatment both from a metal and physical perspective. 


But energy is so crucial to our overall functioning. It's the first thing that is impacted by bad health, disease, poor lifestyle choices and a big reason as to why people look to make more health conscious decisions. When we have physical energy it's easier to keep momentum going and our enthusiasm and passion. Tasks are easier to accomplish, we see everything from a place of gratitude. It feels like it's hard to start but easy to keep on going once we have done. 

Likewise positivity seems easier when we are coming from a place of mental energy. Negative mental energy can be created from within if we talk down to ourselves, live in the past or the future (neither of which we can control) or we draw comparisons to ourselves and lives to others around us. Negative energy from others really does drag us down. Ever had that situation where you hate spending time around a friend who you brings out the worst in you by their own complaining? Yup negative energy.

So if energy is so important to overall wellbeing how do you ensure that you're firing on all cylinders?

What's my objective this week?
To explore the ways in which I can develop more energy be through nutrition or lifestyle.

Understand what situations or circumstances deplete energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment