I challenge one single person to tell me honestly that they have never been stressed in their lives. If you told me to my face I don't think I would be able to believe you, even if you swore that it was true. All of us can relate to the concept of stress, we have too much on our plate, all at the same time, most of it time sensitive and no profession goes untouched anymore when it comes to operating in a stressful environment. We can't expect to avoid stress but we need to learn to successfully manage it.
Reflecting back on these last few weeks and the topics that I have explored, it is clear that stress can be a real sabotager in achieving any goals or aspirations. More successful individuals have coping mechanisms to be able to deal with and manage stress on a real time basis.
Managing stress doesn't just lead to you being a nicer person to be around, it has health benefits too. Stress and associated negative behaviors attributed to stress (such as lack of sleep, dependency on alcohol, increased intake of sugary foods and irregular exercise) can lead to a depleted immune system over time. This reduces your bodies ability to fight off infection and why stress can make you feel "run down".
Mentally stress just weighs you down, it's excess baggage, stopping you from living in your present and enjoying it.
What's my objective this week?
This week I will be looking at and documenting stress managing strategies.
No comments:
Post a Comment