As 2014 draws to a close this week I will be spending my time looking back on my year. I actually have done this on a yearly basis the last couple of years to review all the experiences, joy and positives as well as what I achieved. There is also an element of what I would do-over again, a little self reflection, analyzing and considering if / how I would do something different. It has helped me go more effectively into my new year and plan more realistic new years resolutions.
Not that I am obsessive about my new years resolutions, after all many aspects in life are uncontrollable and unforeseen circumstances arise. But a period of self reflection is good for the soul and has well being benefits mentally. I like to see how I tracked against previous resolutions too. I'm still waiting to achieve learning Spanish which is a throw back from 2011 and I am yet to pick up a golf club which was my intent for 2013, but am pleased to say that I have graduated from my nutrition course this year which takes care of one resolution for this year. Other resolutions have evolved and matured over the years such as the reoccurring "lose 15 pounds" resolution that was a fixture on the list until a few years ago. Now you're much more likely to find something on there about eating a new vegetable for the first time or reducing processed food. Resolutions that are more positive in nature and will achieve my other goals. Plus negative talk is a definite no-no for any year!
So what's my objective this week?
Reflect on 2014 openly and honestly.
Set realistic and fun resolutions for 2015. I'm planning on having the BEST year ever in case you were wondering!
Repeat Week 6 of my fitness program given that the holiday period meant whilst I did work out I didn't dedicate the regularity and commitment to the week I really wanted to.
Set realistic and fun resolutions for 2015. I'm planning on having the BEST year ever in case you were wondering!
Repeat Week 6 of my fitness program given that the holiday period meant whilst I did work out I didn't dedicate the regularity and commitment to the week I really wanted to.

No comments:
Post a Comment